BIS-L Archives

June 2009

BIS-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Stephanie Barnett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephanie Barnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 2009 08:53:04 -0400
This Week in Career Services, June 1st

1. Free services for recent grads
2. Internships on the rise
3. Coming soon: Summer workshops
4. Make Yourself Memorable

1. Free services for recent grads

Alumni, do you know that you have access to all of Career Services'
resources for FREE for six months from the day you graduate? Find out how
we can help you in your job hunt in this tough market.
Back to Index

2. Internships on the rise

Internship listings in PatriotJobWeb (PJW) increased during 2008-2009.
Paid internships increased 10% from 1,229 to 1,357 and unpaid internships
increased 31% from 732 to 961. Start applying for the fall semester today!
Back to Index

3. Coming soon: Summer workshops
Join Career Services for a workshop a day the week of June 8th. Learn
essential job hunting skills from employers and get personal attention
from career counselors. All workshops are from 12:15 to 1:45 p.m.

Scheduled workshops:

How to Find a Job or Internship in a Tight Market
Cover & Job Search Letters
Federal Government Job Search
Behavioral Interviewing
Resume Writing

Visit our calendar for exact dates and locations.
Back to Index

4. Make Yourself Memorable: Follow Up After an Interview

By Gina Chung on GottaMentor.com

Regardless of how the interview went, or whether or not you are still
interested in the position, sending a thank you note is essential. It's
surprising how many candidates forget to follow up properly after an
interview, as most jobseekers focus all their energy on the interview. In
fact, the follow up is what often distinguishes one candidate apart from
the others. Keep reading...
Back to Index

Career Services ... Connecting to Your Future
SUB I, Room 348     careers.gmu.edu     703-993-2370