MS-CS-L Archives

April 2009

MS-CS-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 2009 12:13:44 -0400
From:
Jyh-Ming Lien <[log in to unmask]>
[Apologies for multiple postings]

*
*    GRAND Seminar
*    http://cs.gmu.edu/~jmlien/seminar/
*
*    Friday, May 01, 2009, 12:00 pm
*    Engineering Building Room 4201
*

*Title*

An Introduction to iPhone Development

*Speaker*

Karl Majer
Department of Computer Science
GMU

*Abstract*

The iPhone is easily one of the most enticing platforms for the new
developer to try and stake their claim in the gold-rush environment that
Apple has fostered on its application store. Unlike the Open Source
realm, programming in the iPhone environment introduces its own
complexities and Apple imposed restrictions upon the new developer. Drop
in and learn about the issues I encountered during a semester of coding
on the iPhone platform. I will discuss building an application from the
inception to a working application, talk about the various issues faced
along the way, and attempt to answer any questions you may have about
bootstrapping your own attempts at finding fame and fortune in the
iTunes AppStore.

*Short Bio*

Karl Majer is a part-time undergraduate student in the Computer Science
Department, Volgenau School of Information Technology and Engineering.
When not attending class, Karl is an IT Professional with over 15 years
of industry experience as an architect, systems administrator, and
programmer.

--
*Jyh-Ming Lien*
Assistant Professor, George Mason University