]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

BIS-L Home

BIS-L  March 2009

BIS-L March 2009

Call for Applications - Summer 2009 Undergraduate Apprenticeship Program

Stephanie Barnett <[log in to unmask]>

Stephanie Barnett <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:41:19 -0400

text/plain

Dear Students,

Please consider applying a Summer 2009 undergraduate apprenticeship.  The
deadline for the summer program is April 15, 2009.  Each semester and
summer Mason is able to provide a $1,000 stipend to 16-18 high achieving
undergraduates undertaking original research or creative projects with
their Mason faculty mentors.  If you are interested, you must apply with a
faculty mentor who has agreed to work with you closely.  That faculty
member must also submit an application.  We encourage applications from
all disciplines, colleges, and departments.  In addition to meeting and
working closely with their faculty members, students will meet as a group
three times (in June and July) to discuss professional development issues,
including preparing for graduate school, graduate funding, designing a
poster or other professional presentation, and writing abstracts.  We also
fund students to attend several undergraduate research conferences or
disciplinary conferences, including that of the Colonial Academic Alliance
(CAA).

Thi