HISTPHD-L Archives

February 2009

HISTPHD-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
"Mack P. Holt" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2009 15:20:23 -0500
Subject: 	CHSS Thesis and Formating Workshop Spring 2009
Date: 	Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:47:37 -0500
From: 	Susan Turriziani <[log in to unmask]>
To: 	[log in to unmask]

The College of Humanities and Social Sciences will be sponsoring two
Thesis and Dissertation Formatting Workshops in the spring 2009
semester. The first will be next week on Thursday, February 26st from
3:00 - 4:30 p.m. in SUB II, Room 1 & 2. The second will be on
Tuesday, March 3th from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. in the SUB II , Room 1 & 2.
Sarah Patton from the University Library will be reviewing the
formatting guidelines of the university as well as answering student
questions about the process. She will also go over the new university
policies and procedures regarding electronic submission of theses and
dissertations. A representative from the CHSS Dean's office will be
at the meeting to discuss the academic policies governing submission
of a thesis/dissertation. All graduate students are welcome, though
we particularly encourage those students completing theses and
dissertations in spring 2009 to attend. The same information will be
covered in both sessions, so students only need to attend once.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.

Susan Turriziani
Graduate Academic Affairs
College of  Humanities & Social Sciences

--
Mack P. Holt

Tel.: 703-993-1259
Fax: 703-993-1251