HISTPHD-L Archives

February 2009

HISTPHD-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Steven Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 00:00:49 -0500
Greetings, all,

We will not be having a meeting of colloquium on Monday, February 23.

We have meetings scheduled for March 30 with Cynthia Hooper, Asst Professor of Russian History at Holy Cross and Title VIII Scholar at the Kennan Institute of the Woodrow Wilson Center.  She will talk about her research on Soviet terror:  "Terror from Within: Collaboration and Coercion in Soviet Power, 1924-1964."

We also have scheduled meetings on April 27 and May 4 for presentations of dissertation prospectuses.  The May 4 meeting will begin at 5:00 pm.

We may or may not have one additional meeting this semester.  I will inform you if this is the case.

Steve

Steven A. Barnes
Assistant Professor
Ph.D. Director in History