This Week in Career Services

Stephanie Barnett <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:08:00 -0500

text/plain

This Week in Career Services (week beginning February 16th)

1. Upcoming Workshop
2. Career Week Events!
3. Info Session
4. Paid Internship Opportunity
5. Job Fair Tip

1. Upcoming Workshop
Resume & Cover Letter Writing
February 16, Monday 5:30 - 7 p.m. Career Library in SUB I, Room 348

For a complete list of workshops and events visit our calendar.
Back to Index

2. Career Week: Check out all these events!
International Careers Panel
February 17, Tuesday 5:30 - 7 p.m. JC, Cinema

Discover the types of organizations that offer international career
opportunities & the skills they are looking for in candidates.

Education Recruitment Day
February 18, Wednesday 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. JC, Dewberry Hall

College of Visual & Performing Arts Alumni Networking Event
February 18, Wednesday 6 - 8:30 p.m. Mason Hall Atrium

College of Science Career Night
February 18, Wednesday 6 - 9 p.m. SUB II, Ballroom

Join COS for its second annual Career Night. Listen to panelists speak
about career options and job hunting strategies. Stay afterwards for a
time of networking and free pizza. Panelists include Mason alum and
representatives from science and technical corporations. RSVP here.

Engineers Day
February 19, Thursday 12 - 7 p.m. JC, Dewberry Hall

Enjoy demonstrations throughout the day and network with over 50 IT&E
companies on campus to recruit.

Nursing Career Fair
February 23, Monday 12 - 4 p.m. JC, Dewberry Hall
Back to Index

3. Employer Information Session

Find out more about working for the U.S. General Services Administration,
Federal Acquisition Service at this employer information session:
February 19, Thursday 12 - 1:30 p.m. Career Library, SUB I, Room 348
Back to Index

4. Paid Summer Internship Opportunity

Students interested in participating in federal or corporate sector paid
internship positions with the HACU National Internship Program (HNIP),
must submit their online application and supporting documentation by Feb.
27 for summer 2009 internships. D.C. and nationwide opportunities are
available. More info.
Back to Index

5. Job Fair Tip: Prepare a Resume

Did you know this semester's Internship & Job Fair is quickly approaching?
Be ready to participate when you get back from spring break by preparing a
resume that presents your background and interests clearly and concisely.
Need help? Check out our Prepare for the Fair page.

Internship & Job Fair
March 18 &19
JC, Dewberry Hall
Back to Index

Career Services ... Connecting to Your Future

SUB I, Room 348    careers.gmu.edu     703-993-2370