Dear BIS Students,
This message is intended to alert you of upcoming deadlines for the Spring
2009 semester. Please make sure you review the items below prior to the
first day of classes.
Due to the cancellation of classes on Tuesday, January 20, the Academic
Calendar for the Spring 2009 semester will be modified as follows:
• Full-semester classes that were scheduled to meet on Tuesday, January
20, will be made up on the Reading Day – Tuesday, May 5. There will be no
reading day for spring 2009 and exams will be begin as previously
scheduled at 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, May 6.
• The First Day of Class, the last day to submit Domicile
Reclassification applications, and the Payment Deadline (for courses
registered prior to the start of the semester) will be extended by one day
to Wednesday, January 21.
• Important Notice on Late Registration Fee: Students who add their
first class for the semester on January 21 or after will be charged a $125
late registration fee. The fee does not apply to students already enrolled
prior to the start of classes who make schedule adjustments. Waitlisted
classes are not considered class registration.
• The Last Day to Add full-semester classes will be extended by one day
to Wednesday, February 4.
• For adjustments to add deadlines for courses that meet less than the
full semester, please refer to the add/drop chart for non-standard
courses - http://registrar.gmu.edu/calendars/200910_nonstand_upd.pdf
• Please refer to the Registrar’s Office website
(http://registrar.gmu.edu ) or Student Accounts website
(http://studentaccounts.gmu.edu ) for additional information.