ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

June 2008

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 11:05:05 -0400
From:
To: ECJ Evolutionary Computation Toolkit <[log in to unmask]>
Interesting question.  prepareToEvaluate has a different purpose than
what you're looking for.  What you want to do is have the prototype
Problem generate its test cases prior to being cloned each
generation.  You could do this by overriding the
Evaluator.evaluatePopulation method to call some method on the
Problem and then calling super.evaluatePopulation.  Alternatively you
could stick in a Statistics subclass into the Statistics chain which
overrides its preEvaluationStatistics method to call the method on
the Problem.

Sean