ECJ-INTEREST-L April 2007

Seeding a GP

Chris McCubbin <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:23:14 -0400

text/plain

Sorry if this is a duplicate. I never saw my original message appear on the
list so I am re-sending this question.

I have created a GP solver using ECJ. I would like to seed the first
generation with a specific individual, and randomize the rest of the
population as normal. How do I go about doing this? Do I have to create a
custom class that can read in some kind of serialized or text form of the
individual, then modify some class that creates the first generation? Or is
there a simpler way? Since this is a GP the individuals are fairly complex
(a rather large tree consisting of half a dozen node types).

Thanks,
Chris