]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MASON-INTEREST-L Home

MASON-INTEREST-L  November 2006

MASON-INTEREST-L November 2006

Re: Setting transparency on sim.portrayal3d.simple.CubePortrayal3D

Michael Lees <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 15 Nov 2006 11:58:37 +0000

text/plain

Hi Sean (and Bruno)

Thanks for the replies.

First of, let me say I've tried 3 different ways of changing the
transparency.

 From my previous mail....
 >> public sim.portrayal3d.simple.CubePortrayal3D representation;
 >> representation = new sim.portrayal3d.simple.CubePortrayal3D(colour,size)

The 3 different ways...
1. - Modifying transparency component directly
representation.appearance.getTransparencyAttributes().setTransparency(trans);

2. - Creating a new colour with new alpha value
java.awt.Color colour2 = new java.awt.Color(colour.getRed(),
colour.getGreen(), colour.getBlue(), (int)Math.round(trans*255));
representation.appearance = CubePortrayal3D.appearanceForColor(colour2);

3. - Creating a new transparency attribute object
representation.appearance.setTransparencyAttributes(new
TransparencyAttributes(TransparencyAttributes.BLENDED, trans));

First off, 2 works without any modification to MASON

I tried as Sean suggested and...
3 now works.

However, 1 still does not work, exception given:

javax.media.j3d.CapabilityNotSetException: Transparency: no capability
to set component

Sorry, I appreciate this is probably a java3d question and thanks again
for you help.

Is there a right way to do this?

Thanks

-Mike