MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

October 2006

From:
Christopher Roach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 17:42:32 -0400
Hi all,

I am currently working on some research where I am trying to optimize the
individual ants in Ant Colony Optimization algorithms using evolutionary
computation techniques and I am using MASON as my simulation engine.  The
problem I am using for testing my algorithm is dynamic TSP and I am using the
Network facilities in MASON to represent the TSP graph.  The only problem with
this is that even in a small graph--e.g., eil51 with 1275 edges--the number of
edges are quite large and displaying them all in the simulation just adds up to
a huge amount of noise.  What I would like to be able to do is make all edges in
the graph invisible with the exception of the edges that fall on the best path
found so far.  So, my question is: does anyone happen to know how to set the
visibilty of the individual edges in the network?

Also, in the future, I would like to have the best paths (plural) displayed with
differing levels of intensity based on the amount of pheromone on each edge.
So, if anyone knows of a way to also add a color map to the edges in the
network, that would be really helpful as well.

Thanks in advance for any help you all can give--I really appreciate it.

Christopher Roach