MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

October 2006

From:
"Maciej M. Latek" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2006 15:43:04 -0400

> This is off the top of my head, but maybe you're calling start while on
> the calling stack of the stop. If you call start before super.stop, the
> effect of start gets cancelled by super.stop.
>
> The way I'd do this is:
>
> for i =1,#Runs
> sim.start()
> while(sim.step());
> sim.finish()
>
> So the new start comes after the previous stop ;)

OK, after investigation I've decided to adopt Gabriel's suggestion. In order
to deal with multiple short runs for parameter sweeps an external class
building a simulation is created, which contains more or less following
code:

/* myModel is SimState */

myModel mm = new myModel(parameters1);

for (i = 0:MaxRuns) {
mm.setSweepedParameter(parametrs2);
mm.start();
while(!mm.finishCondition()) {
mm.schedule.step(mm);
}
mm.report();
mm.finish();
}

I randomly generate parametrs2 vector, but it has been suggested it is
possible to introduce them using ParameterDatabse snippet from precomputed
list.

Sean and Gabriel: thank you very much for help,

Maciek