ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

August 2006

From:
Robert Baruch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:19:32 -0400
Here are some hints...

1. Delete the ec.teambots source code entirely. You don't need it.

2. Download JBuilder 2005 Foundation (it's free) from www.borland.com
and use it. Or Netbeans, but I prefer JBuilder for whatever reason.

3. You will need to download JFreeChart and iText to be able to
compile ECJ.

4. Once you get all the ECJ code compiled, you will need to run
ec.Evolve according to the tutorial instructions.

I have source code which I've been using to evolve players for the
game of Mille Bornes which you might find useful to work from. It
uses the Genetic Programming paradigm, so if you're not interested in
using that paradigm, the source code probably isn't any good for you :)

--Rob