ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

August 2006

From:
Robert Baruch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:11:56 -0400
Hi Liviu,

Good luck on your defense! I would very much appreciate seeing your
work on coevolution. My particular application is evolving players
for the card game Mille Bornes. At first I worked with one subpop,
but of course that didn't really work because the system would simply
get stuck in a local minimum where it would win against itself half
the time. Sure it solved the problem, but it wasn't quite what I was
looking for.

So instead I'm working with eight subpops, hoping that each will
develop a different strategy to defend against the other seven. We'll
see what happens :)

Thanks for the references -- I'll definitely check them out.

Yours,

--Rob