MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

April 2006

From:
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:35:42 -0400
If it runs on the terminal but not in a browser ON THE SAME MACHINE,
the problem might be that Java3D wasn't installed in a global fashion
on the machine. This sounds like the issue as you stated she needs
paths set up to find the libraries -- if Java3D was installed
properly, Java should find it automatically, no need for library
paths or classpaths.

If the issue is that Java3D's not running on a different machine,
there's another point there: Java3D isn't just jar files you can
include with your application -- it's also low-level C libraries that
are operating-system dependent. If the system that's running the web
browser doesn't have those libraries, Java3D won't run no matter
what. And if you created a Java WebStart application or something,
it'd still only be able to run on a specific operating system if it
included the C libraries for that system.

Sean