ECJ-INTEREST-L April 2006

Re: Master/Slave

Liviu Panait <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:14:54 -0400

text/plain

I am sorry, I did not understand your problem well enough in the
beginning....

If you start a single-generation run, give the slaves enough time to
connect to the server. You may have to start the single-generation
run several times, if it is too short.

But I was also serious about the script, I have a script for our
cluster to allow me to kill all of them. Assuming I do not have any
other java programs running on the cluster (and given that I cannot
kill other people's processes), I type:

where forall is a script that looks like this:

Our cluster has nodes node1 to node30, which may be different in your
case.

Best regards,

Liviu.