ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

January 2006

From:
Eric Pascual <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:44:37 -0500
Hello,

I'm presently working on a EU research project, involving among other topics
application of GAs to automatic configuration of industrial solutions.

I'm completly newbie to ECJ, so please apologizes in advance if my question
is completly trivial.

I've played a bit with tutorials, and would need now to use ECJ in the
context of an online Web application. So the user requirements will come via
the Web request (after being captured from some input form as usually) and
the ECJ work will be "called" by the doPost/doGet handlers.

I've some ideas about how to implement this, but I'm not sure they are
"compliants" with ECJ philosophy and architecture. Here they are :

1/ sub-class Evolve and implement a method doing more or less what main
does, buth replacing the command line args mechanism with something using
webapp properties for instance. This method will be called by the
doPost/doGet handler

2/ have the end-users inputs be transmitted as an object stored into the
statics vector of EvolutionState before firing ECJ search

3/ when iterations are over, scan population to get the fittest individual.
I have a problem with this, because since ECJ is quite a powerfull and
flexible software, I would have imagined that there was some qhicker way to
retreive the best individual of a population. I'm pretty sure I'm overlooked
something and that there is a built-in way to do this

Any remark, suggestion, pointer... would be more than welcome.

Best regards

Eric