ECJ-INTEREST-L December 2005

ECJ14 beta

I Jonyer <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 26 Dec 2005 20:22:40 -0600

text/plain

Sean and Liviu,

I have been testing the snapshot you sent me with the modified distributed
code. As I said, I wanted the utilization of the slaves to be better, and
that is why you suggested I give the new code a try. However, I am seeing a
very sparse utilization of the slaves in this version. They sit idle for the
majority of the time! I don't know what is going on, but I think the serial
verision is faster than this. I have slaves sitting idle for 20 seconds,
then working for 1 second, and waiting again for another 20... I am using 19
slaves. Can you look into this?
My master and slave settings are below.

Thanks,
Istvan