MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

June 2005

From:
Le Zhang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:04:34 -0400
Hi,
 I got same problem even I add the C:\appl\Mason\mason\start to the
classpath (Enviroment variable).
  On the other hand, I run the mason.bat in windows xp. There is no
combo box jumped off(like repast). It looks interesting. Could you
give me your installation step in detail and give me your mason file
too.
  I read the mason web, it said if I run mason in windows xp, it needs
to be compiled. I saw the makefile in the mason folder, so I think it
is for linux and it needs to be built before I use it.

Thank y ou

> Hi
>
> You added the directory to CLASSPATH... I hope you mean
> C:\appl\Mason\mason and not C:\appl\Mason\mason\start
>
> I hope that was the problem, cause I followed your steps on two
> windows boxes and everything was fine.
>
> Here's two tips on how to make your life easier on your first day of
> using MASON.
>
> MASON comes with class files included, so you don't have to
> 'javac'ompile anything.
>
> Running mason.bat starts an empty console, not a specific
application.
> You need to select from the combo box the application you want to
run (e.g.
> sim.app.tutorial1and2.Tutorial2). Alternatively you can type the java
> name of a MASON application yourself, if it's not in the list.
>
> enjoy,
> Gabriel
>
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Automatic digest processor wrote:
>
> > There is one message totalling 35 lines in this issue.
> >
> > Topics of the day:
> >
> > 1. How to set up the enviroment of the Mason

---

> > Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:44:38 -0400
> > From: Le Zhang <[log in to unmask]>
> > Subject: How to set up the enviroment of the Mason
> >
> > Sean,
> > I download the Mason from your webpage and zip it to
C:/appl/Mason.