MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

October 2004

From:
Tony Bigbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 11:13:18 -0400
Thanks Rob and Keith for the suggestions.  If the Stoppable.stop()
method actually does remove the agent from the schedule, that would
seem to be ideal.

Keith ---I don't know how computationally efficient dynamically adding
the living agents each step is, but it seems live a clever approach.  I
hadn't considered resurrection, but it's a good thought.  The float
value used in your sample might be an issue to due to floating point
accuracy/resolution issues, but I also note that there is no
scheduleOnce method signature that takes a float for the time.  There
is some discussion in the javadoc about real-valued time steps (as
doubles) via the toReals() and fromReals() methods, but caution is
recommended --"You have to be careful using a real-valued schedule."

Tony