]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MASON-INTEREST-L Home

MASON-INTEREST-L  May 2004

MASON-INTEREST-L May 2004

Re: Using Python/Jython to build/control mason models

Sean Luke <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 17 May 2004 19:14:50 -0400

text/plain

Norman, the python code is very interesting.  Please send it along.
I'm about to release Version 4 of MASON (probably tonight), and with it
I'm adding some stuff to the web page.  I'll send out a request for
comment in a little while.

As to bean properties:  One of the odd features MASON has in its
properties mechanism is that if an object implements the method "Object
propertiesProxy()", then the properties system will use that object's
bean properties instead of the original object's properties.  We added
this so that you could restrict which properties you wanted MASON to
display.  I wonder if it might help you in another aspect -- I don't
know how Jython handles Java bindings, but perhaps the Jython class
could implement a propertiesProxy() method which points to a more
appropriate object?

Alternatively, if there's a standard API to access Jython functions
from Java, we might think about how we could check for the existence of
such an API and call the appropriate method.  Suggestions?

Sean