MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

April 2004

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 11:04:40 -0400
From:
To: MASON Multiagent Simulation Toolkit <[log in to unmask]>
Morten, MASON was -explicitly- designed to be used with ECJ; however I
don't believe we have actually done so yet.  Generally speaking, the
most straightforward approach is in your ECJ Problem subclass, you
create a MASON simulation (or use one you have hanging around
globally), replace its random number generator with
state.random[thread], and create one or more steppables which call your
Individual, then do something if the Individual returns something
they're supposed to do (maybe a vector or something). Then you just
pulse the MASON simulation until you think you're through, and analyze
the MASON results, convert to a fitness and return. Additionally, the
MASON simulation is placed in a certain location in the Problem so that
each of the functions and terminals can see it -- thus they're being
called within a steppable at this point and can just manipulate the
simulation as is appropriate.

Sean