VSE-FACULTY-L Archives

November 2020

VSE-FACULTY-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Arthur B Pyster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Arthur B Pyster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 2020 15:21:17 +0000
All, here is the VSE research portfolio performance for the 12 months ending October 31, 2020.  As mentioned in last month’s report, we had hoped we were bottoming out with negative news from COVID impact. One data point is not a trend, but this latest report has some encouraging signs.

  1.  Expenditures:  We had $56.2M in expenditures over the last 12 months, which is down from $63.5M a year ago. Nevertheless, it is up from last month’s $55.5M and the first increase since June. BENG, CEIE, and ME all set records.

  1.  Awards: We had $70M in awards over the last 12 months,  which is down slightly from $70.1M a year ago. Nevertheless, awards are up significantly from last month’s $65M and the first rise since June. ECE set a record with $5.5M in awards over the last 12 months.

  1.  Indirect: We had $6.9M in indirect recovery in the last 12 months, which is up from $6.4M a year ago and the second best total ever.

  1.  Proposals: We had $142M in proposals in the last 12 months. Proposals have moved up and down slightly around $142M over the last 5 months. ME set a record with $10.4M, more than doubling its proposals over last year’s. $4.9M.

Regards.

Dr. Art Pyster
Associate Dean for Research and Professor
Volgenau School of Engineering
George Mason University
703-717-8110