VSE-FACULTY-L Archives

October 2011

VSE-FACULTY-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

From:
Lloyd Griffiths <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2011 14:43:45 -0400
Volgenau School Faculty and Staff:

We have just learned that SCHEV has approved our new Master of Engineering
Degree in our Civil, Environmental, and Infrastructure Engineering
Department. The departmental announcement of the program is below. Please
join me in congratulating Deborah Goodings and her faculty on this
accomplishment.

Lloyd

CEIE Announcement:

We are pleased to announce final approval of the CEIE practice-oriented
Master of Engineering (MEng) program.  Top engineering programs at the
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cornell University, and the
University of California-Berkley, among others offer MEng or ME degrees in
recognition that not all practicing engineers require research-oriented
graduate study.   However, no U.S. Master's program prior to this CEIE MEng
offers a curriculum that strategically integrates advanced study in
geotechnical, construction, and structural engineering into one graduate
degree. The MEng program was created with substantial input from leading
civil engineering practitioners for practicing engineering and construction
professionals, and has been received with great interest.  MEng courses are
offered in the spring 2012 schedule, and the final steps to open the
application process will be complete shortly.