Please share the following message with faculty and staff in your unit. Thank you very much,
Laura M. Bell
Executive Assistant to the Provost
Subject: International Week, April 10 - 18, 2015
All are invited to participate in George Mason University's 35th International Week, April 10-18, 2015. International Week has become a signature Mason tradition and an important way of honoring the many global and multicultural connections among our students, faculty, and staff.
You can get involved in International Week 2015 in any of the following ways:
1. Organize an International Week program. Submit information about your event at: http://iweek.gmu.edu/call-for-programs/events-submit-form/. To reserve space for the event, please complete the room reservation form: http://iweek.gmu.edu/call-for-programs/i-week-room-request-form/. Listings received by Friday, February 27th may be included in the printed calendar; events submitted after February 27th will be posted online athttp://iweek.gmu.edu/calendar/.
2. Participate in the International Week Opening Ceremony by representing your culture or Mason affiliation. Join other staff, faculty, and students to kick off I-Week, Friday, April 10, 12-1 p.m. Participants will begin in SUB I and process to the North Plaza.
3. Enjoy the International Week Dance Competition. Mason students present dances from around the world in one of the most celebrated programs of the year: Thursday, April 16, 7 pm, at the Center for the Arts. Tickets will be available through the Center for the Arts box office in late February and are free for students, faculty, and staff. View a video of last year's competition at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDM_i9u9yz8&feature=youtu.be.
4. Attend a Culture Night or other celebration offered throughout the week. Many of Mason's student organizations invite you to experience their home cultures through food, song, film, and dance.
5. Encourage others to attend International Week programs. Many faculty members offer students an opportunity to earn extra credit for participating in I-Week.
For more information, please contact Sonya Henry at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or visit the International Week website http://iweek.gmu.edu/.