The Architect of the Capitol (AOC) is accepting applications for its 2017 Summer Intern Employment Program. Qualified students who are at least 16 years of age by June 30, 2017, AND currently attending a high school, trade school, college or university are encouraged to apply. All students must be U.S. Citizens.
The AOC recently implemented a new Summer Intern Employment Program policy. The policy outlines the program's purpose, policy, eligibility and other requirements. The policy also emphasizes long-standing and new program requirements, to include the following:
• Hiring/management officials are reminded that they are prohibited from advocating for relatives in accordance with AOC Order 310-1, Employment of Relatives, Section 6.1.
• Three years (collectively or consecutively) is the maximum number of years that any one student may be hired.
Applications will be accepted only online until Monday, April 3, 2017. The following are the vacancy announcements posted:
• Summer-2017-001, Summer Internship (Office Clerk)
• Summer-2017-002, Summer Internship (Laborer or Gardener Aide)
• Summer-2017-003, Summer Internship (Horticultural Aide)
• Summer-2017-004, Summer Internship (Architectural Aide) or (Engineering Aide)
• Summer-2017-005, Summer Internship (Office of Inspector General Aide)
• Summer-2017-006, Summer Internship (Curatorial Aide)
• Summer-2017-007, Summer Law Internship
• Summer-2017-008, Summer Internship (Records and Archives Aide)
To apply, please go to https://aoc.usajobs.gov/
Persons without access to a computer are welcome to use the AOC Employment Center to apply. The Employment Center located in the Ford House Office Building, Room H2-178 is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Questions concerning how to apply should be referred to the Employment and Classification Branch at 202.226.7000.
Liza Wilson Durant, PhD
Associate Professor and Department Chair
Sid and Reva Dewberry Department of Civil,
Environmental and Infrastructure Engineering
Volgenau School of Engineering
George Mason University
Nguyen Engineering Building, Suite 1300
4400 University Drive, MS 6C1
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Email: [log in to unmask]
NOTICE: The Commonwealth of Virginia claims the right to monitor messages sent to and from this address at any time, without notice, and without my permission. In addition, messages sent to and from this address may be subject to disclosure under the Virginia Freedom of Information Act.