MS-STAT-L Archives

July 2017

MS-STAT-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Linda J Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda J Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2017 15:34:42 +0000
FYI.

Dr. Davis
From: Bridgette Beckford <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2017 1:54 PM
To: Linda J Davis
Cc: Eloisa San Pedro; John Barkat; Saskia Clay-Rooks
Subject: Internship opportunity at the United Nations

Dear Madam,

We are writing to inform you of a newly opened internship opportunity with the United Nations Office of the Ombudsman and Mediation Services (UNOMS) that may be of interest to your graduate students. UNOMS is a neutral and independent body within the United Nations that supports employees in addressing their work-related concerns and helps to informally resolve conflict through the use of mediators and ombudsmen. Interns in our office work closely with our team of conflict resolution professionals on projects related to systemic issues, employee mental health, and interpersonal dispute resolution.  Interns also have access to many UN events and are encouraged to participate in any learning opportunities made available through the organization.

We are currently looking for students with training/skills in qualitative or quantitative data analysis to assist with interpreting survey and focus group data from within the UN system. Applicants should have good writing and research skills, and be available to work full-time for a period of six months.

If you would be willing to circulate this vacancy to any interested students we would be greatly appreciative. Below, please find the link to the official application posting which contains more information about specific qualifications and the application process. Thank you for your time. We look forward to hearing from you.

https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=82937

Sincerely,

[cid:_1_09E3E8EC09E3E4CC00625E6E8525816B]<http://www.un.org/ombudsman>
Bridgette Beckford
Senior Staff Assistant
Two UN Plaza,  DC2-0758
New York, NY 10017
Tel: +1 (212) 963-2619
Email: [log in to unmask]
www.un.org/ombudsman

     Confidential • Neutral • Independent • Informal
     Please remember that email does not ensure confidentiality.

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.