MS-STAT-L Archives

October 2016

MS-STAT-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Linda J Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda J Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2016 22:06:30 +0000
FYI.

Dr. Davis

From: Mark Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, October 3, 2016 2:51 PM
To: Linda J Davis
Subject: Job Announcement: Applied Quantitative analyst, clearance required

Dr. Davis-

I run a small team of qualitative and quantitative researchers for a DoD agency in Northern Virginia. We have immediate openings for someone with a strong statistics background and are very open to graduate students providing they can work full-time. We are looking for two positions at this time. I have never reached out directly to a university with a job vacancy, please let me know if it is not appropriate to contact departments directly.

Thank you for passing the information on,
Mark Dawson

Quantitative/Qualitative Methodological Researcher

Information International Associates is seeking a mid-level Quantitative and Qualitative researcher to join a team in the Customer Experience group at a national agency. The Customer Experience group uses Qualitative and Quantitative methods for research and analysis. In this position the candidate will have the opportunity to work across projects using a number of different methods, as well as build research projects from the ground up.

The successful candidate will have knowledge conducting systematic, qualitative and quantitative research, developing a methodology for research definition, and a thorough command of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.  Experience with SPSS is preferred.  Flexibility to work on multiple projects, a natural aptitude for organization, and a deadline-driven understanding of workflow is necessary.  Excellent analytical, collaboration, and communication skills are mandatory.  Some CONUS travel may be required.  The successful candidate will be able to work within teams and at times independently with direct oversight.

Basic Requirements:

•         TS/SCI with SSBI within the 5 year limit, current CI polygraph desired – verified clearances. Must be willing to take a CI poly if they do not have one

•         Must be comfortable working with quantitative and qualitative research methods and analysis

•         Must have experience with basic statistical research methods and analysis, and some form of statistical software experience

•         Must be able to get up to speed on SPSS quickly

•         This is a full time-position

•         Excellent writing and communications skills

•         Ability to manage a project and effectively work in teams

Responsibilities:

•         Collaborate with other researchers to establish approach, analysis, and strategic recommendations

•         Ensure overall client satisfaction and work with diverse project team members to manage client relationships

•         Collaborate on the development of innovative approaches and methodologies that will result in outstanding insights that tie to strategic goals and operational objectives for our clients

•         Collaborate with the project team to seamlessly integrate qualitative insights with quantitative findings

Qualifications
Experience Level:  3 – 5 years working with qualitative and quantitative methods. An emphasis on customer satisfaction research methodologies preferred but not required.  Demonstrated experience in both qualitative and quantitative research methods, regarding applied problems with a familiarity and understanding of quantitative analyses.  Experience working on customer locations within the Intelligence Community (IC) including familiarity using IC classified networks.  Demonstrated proficiency working within teams within a government customer’s organization providing timely and concise recommendations along with daily interaction.

Education:  Degree (BA/BS accepted / MS to PhD preferred) required in a social science or a related discipline.  A degree in a related discipline is required, advanced degrees with less years’ experience is acceptable.

Work Location: Springfield, VA
Send Resume / C.V (Email only) to: Andrea King, Program Manager, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.

--
[photo]<http://www.hdiac.org/>
Mark Dawson