MS-STAT-L Archives

August 2017

MS-STAT-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Linda J Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda J Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2017 15:52:55 +0000
Welcome to a new semester.  As always, please let me know if I can be of any assistance.  My normal office hours are:
Tuesday  (1:30 – 3:00 p.m.)
Wednesday  (12:00 – 1:30 p.m.)
Thursday  (1:30 – 3:00 p.m.)
My office is located in Room 1703, Engineering Building.  My phone number is (703) 993-4835

However, I am available by appointment in the late afternoon and early evening.  Just send me a few dates and times that you are available.  I will be around on Sept 13th for a graduate showcase event 5:30-7:30 pm.  So, I can meet with you either before or after that event.

Also I want to let you know about free training for learning SAS.  Here is a link to free training available to anyone:
https://support.sas.com/edu/elearning.html?ctry=us&productType=library

I recommend SAS Programming 1.  The topics it covers are:
https://support.sas.com/edu/schedules.html?id=2588&ctry=US&locationId=LW#s1=3
Access course via Overview tab.

There is another free course:  Introduction to Statistical Concepts.  Link to topics:
https://support.sas.com/edu/schedules.html?ctry=us&crs=STAT0#s1=3
Access course via Overview tab.

In addition, there are many more free e-learning courses available as a Mason Student.

To activate your e-Learning:
    Go to support.sas.com/myelearn and log into your profile. If you do not currently have a profile, please create one using the link on that page.
    Enter the Mason activation code (G70008900) into the activation code box, then click Submit. Review the license agreement and select "I agree" to accept it.
You should now see the training in your list of active courses and the date on which your access expires. Select a course title to start your learning.

To access your e-Learning once it has been activated, visit support.sas.com/myelearn .  Or, select Sign In in the upper right corner from any page on the SAS training website and log into your profile.  Once you are logged in, select My Training.

Dr. Davis