MBDN-L Archives

May 2014

MBDN-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Sachin Garg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mason Big Data Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2014 10:15:05 -0400
UN Global Pulse and the Secretary General’s Climate Change Support Team
are hosting the Big Data Climate Challenge (BDCC) to bring forward
data-driven evidence of the economic dimensions of climate change. The
Big Data Climate Challenge is an initiative of the Secretary-General’s
Climate Summit to be held in September 2014.

More details at: http://www.unglobalpulse.org/big-data-climate

We encourage multidisciplinary initiatives from all relevant fields to
apply to the Big Data Climate Challenge. This includes but is not
limited to: energy, smart cities, transportation, natural resource
management, agriculture and food systems, ecology, complex systems,
green data centers, recycling, material sciences, climate risk
management, disaster risk reduction and resilience, architecture and
design, behavioral science, climate finance, and economic drivers such
as carbon markets and subsidies. We welcome any climate-related project.

--
Sachin Garg <[log in to unmask]>
Doctoral Student & Graduate Research Assistant