MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

October 2009

From:
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 2009 19:48:17 +0200
I added setShuffling because I was asked on this list to enable a way
for elements entered for the same timestep to be removed from the
Schedule in a predictable order (that is, no shuffling of those
elements).  However while the order is *predictable* it is by no means
*expected* -- since the Schedule uses a binary heap underneath, it is
*not* the case that elements will be stepped in the order in which
they were inserted in the Schedule in the first place (though it is
*sometimes* the case).  Because of the high possibility for
misunderstanding, and the very low value (I think) in having the
feature, I'm thinking of deleting setShuffling entirely and requiring
that objects be shuffled.

Any opinions?