MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

April 2004

From:
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:15:51 -0400
You'll pardon me; I'm the chair of this workshop, and given that BOTH
ECJ *and* MASON were designed by me with this topic in mind, I thought
it'd be relevant to you.  The workshop, by the way, will be in
Washington,
DC. in November.

TWO-WEEK DEADLINE REMINDER: CALL FOR PAPERS
AAAI 2004 Fall Symposium on Artificial Multi-Agent Learning
Deadline: May 3, 2004

In recent years there has been increasing interest in applying machine
learning techniques to multiagent systems problems. The presence of
large
numbers of agents, increasingly complex agent behaviors, partially
observable environments, and the mutual adaptation of agent behaviors
make
the learning process a challenging one. These problems are further
complicated by noisy sensor data, local bandwidth-limited communication,
unplanned faults in hardware agents, and stochastic environments.

The goal of this symposium is to bring together researchers from diverse
areas of the multiagent learning community.  Some topics of interest
include, but are not restricted to:  Coevolution and coadaptation,
Adversarial methods for learning game-playing strategies, Swarm and
social
learning methods, Evolutionary game theory, Multirobot learning, Effects
of communication on learning, Discovery of emergent behavior, Automatic
formation of coalitions, contracts, and markets, Game-theoretic issues
in
multiagent learning, and Agent modeling.

Those interested in participating in this symposium should submit a
paper
from 2,000 to 6,000 words in PDF format, letter paper size. E-mail the
paper to Sean Luke ([log in to unmask]) by the submission deadline. In the
e-mail text provide contact information for all authors, and include the
paper as an attachment. Expect an acknowledgment of receipt within a
week. The organizing committee is Michael Bowling, Kenneth De Jong,
Marie
desJardins, Sean Luke (chair), Mitchell Potter, and Lee Spector.  For
more
information:  http://cs.gmu.edu/~eclab/ArtificialMultiagentLearning.html