MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

May 2010

MASON-INTEREST-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Paul Smaldino <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 3 May 2010 10:19:57 -0700
We've implemented something like that so that we can have snapshots taken at
preset times and saved to files. It's done by adding a new method to
Display2D.java:
takeSnapshot(String filename). You can then call this method whenever you
like and feed it a String for the filename.

I've attached our modified file. The new method is right after the original
takeSnapshot().

-Paul Smaldino

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Mark Coletti <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> It is possible to save a snapshot of a simulation from the GUI.  However, I
> would like to do the same from a _headless_ MASON configuration.  That is, I
> want to run MASON from the command line and have it emit PNG snapshots of
> the simulation; this will _not_ be from within a GUI.  Is there a convenient
> way of doing this?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark Coletti

Paul Smaldino