MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

October 2009

From:
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 2009 11:12:01 +0100
So the problem with (B) is this.  Let's say that M (and M0) is a
MutableDouble2D and D (and D0) is a Double2D.

If I say:

Double2D Q = D.add(M)
or
Double2D Q = D.add(D0)

This will put into Q the result of D+M (or D+D0), but neither D, nor
D0, nor M will be modified.

However if I say

MutableDouble2D Q = M.add(D)
or
MutableDouble2D Q = M.add(M0)

This will put into Q the result of D+M (or M0+M), but also set M to
that result.

I would imagine this would be... fairly surprising.  Wouldn't you?
That's what concerns me.

Sean