MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

July 2014

MASON-INTEREST-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Kurtis Garbutt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2014 12:14:06 -0400
Hi, I'm having major problems with installing all of the elements MASON needs
and then setting up Eclipse so that I can run MASON projects in it.

I have followed the instructions on the MASON webpage as well as the 'Building
and Running MASON on Eclipse' instructions and many other guidelines on
StackExchange and the like however I always end up with some element not
working and my setup is always a little different to what is presented in
instructions. Today's problem was that I couldn't run any 3D visualizations and
Eclipse was reporting 2,200 problems in my MASON libraries so out of sheer
frustration I completely uninstalled everything and now I'm lost!

Could someone please give me a VERY detailed guide to setting MASON and
Eclipse up - what elements of Java and what libraries to download and where
from, how to run MASON on Eclipse, and what to put in PATH/CLASSPATH to
utilise Java3D?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For information, I'm using Windows 7 x64 and have downloaded MASON v.17
and the libraries.zip from the MASON webpage as well as Eclipse Standard 4.4
(64bit) from Eclipse's webpage as well as the Java3D and JOGL libraries
suggested on the MASON webpage.