MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

December 2007

From:
John McManus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2007 17:13:28 -0500
On Sean's question, we are working toward expanding models that will require
1.a (a coral reef grid full of agents that is too big or too slow if handled
without parallelization), and possibly 1.b (3D corals, each of which are
each made up of hundreds of polyps). We will be tying into Lattice Boltzmann
and/or smoothed particle hydrodynamic models associated with both scales.
All of the discussions recently of various options have been of interest,
though an extension of Mason that would facilitate this would be of
considerable assistance.

Cheers!

John McManus