MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

August 2010

From:
vlasios voudouris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 2010 22:25:52 +0100
Is there any way to add inspectors in charts (when each chart
captures a single single) to get something like the attached image?

Vlasios On 11 Aug 2010, at 04:29, Sean Luke wrote: > Sure. If you have a method called getEngine() which returns an > Engine, you'll get an inspector for the Car which has a slot called > "Engine". Next to it you'll see a magnifying glass icon. Click on > it and choose "View" and an Inspector for the Engine will pop up in > a separate window. This works not just for objects but for > collections of objects (Bags, arrays, ArrayLists, etc.) too. > > What MASON doesn't have right now is a single browser-style > inspector which wanders from object to object. Perhaps an item for > later. > > Sean > > On Aug 10, 2010, at 10:51 PM, Oliver Bown wrote: > >> I am a Mason beginner and I apologise if I have missed the answer >> elsewhere. >> >> Do any of the properties inspectors offered by Mason allow a >> recursive view of contained fields? For example, if I had a class >> Car with the method getEngine(), and Engine had methods >> getNumCylinders() and getYearOfManufacture(), could I call up an >> inspector that would look like this: >