MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

December 2007

From:
Laszlo Gulyas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:49:36 +0100
Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in answering...

Maciek, thanks for mentioning MEME. The new URL is http://meme.aitia.ai/
-- a new version is to be out any day now... :-)

As for your question: MEME is free of charge, but not open source as of
today. We are looking into the option of making it open source, though.
And also, we are investigating whether we could make it work with MASON as
well, albeit that would certainly require some efforts.

Moreover, we actually have a project in the queue to address the issue of
supporting 'in-run' parallelization of ABM's. That is, we intend to
provide a few templates that would let you distribute your agents/space on
a pool of computers. (The idea is that for certain ABM interaction
topologies pretty efficient algorithms can be implemented and provided to
the user 'under the hood'. Obviously, this won't be a general solution,
but still could help.) The bad news is that we are planning to use Repast
as the base platform.

Best regards,

-- Laszlo
--
dr. Gulyás László        | Laszlo Gulyas, PhD
kutatási igazgató        | dir. of research