HISTPHD-L Archives

February 2021

HISTPHD-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Sam Lebovic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sam Lebovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 2021 15:17:47 +0000
Dear all,

Please forgive the appearance of self-promotion – I promise I’ll send word of the other CHR events too!

Best,
Sam

From: Center for Humanities Research <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Center for Humanities Research <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, February 8, 2021 at 9:25 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: CHR Spotlight Event: Sam Lebovic, Wednesday at noon

Dear Colleagues, Students, and Friends,

Please join us virtually on Wednesday, February 10th at noon for our first Faculty Fellow Research Presentation!

Sam Lebovic (HIST) will be speaking about “The Espionage Act and the Policing of American Dissent”

As a fellow at CHR, he is writing the first narrative history of the Espionage Act.  Under contract with Basic Books, the book uses the history of this controversial law to explore the censorship of anti-war dissent and the rise of U.S. state secrecy over the past century.  His writing on history, media, and politics has appeared in a number of leading scholarly journals, as well as such publications as the Boston Review, the LA Review of Books, the Boston Globe, Politico, the Columbia Journalism Review, and Dissent.

Time: Feb 10, 2021 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
https://gmu.zoom.us/j/98444777099?pwd=QWg2YTc4NnVDd25RbUswclNkUWd6Zz09

I look forward to seeing you on Wednesday!

Alison Landsberg
Director, Center for Humanities Research (CHR)
Professor of History and Cultural Studies