HISTPHD-L Archives

April 2013

HISTPHD-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2013 14:25:56 +0000
Hi everyone,

After the wonderful response I got for the Library Advisory committee (although I know that was personal for many of you), I figured I would attempt another call for service - this time for my current organization, GAPSA. I will (finally) be ending my time there this week - although I will continue as an ex-Officio member of the Board - and would love to continue the tradition of having a History PhD involved. We are in need of a Director of Communications and the best news about that: fewer meeting (one a month at most) AND more importantly, I've decided to make it a mission of my time as a GAPSA ex-President to argue for a stipend to be paid to Exec Board members. So, if you're interested in making a newsletter every couple of months, sending some emails and taking only a few notes very possibly for some extra cash and a lot of free food, let me know asap. We'll have to write you in since the ballot comes out at noon today but if we get our fellow History PhDs to help, I think you'll have no problem getting enough write-in votes to win (there is currently no candidate).

Many thanks,
Steve

Steven A. Harris Scott