HISTPHD-L Archives

December 2013

HISTPHD-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Nicole A Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nicole A Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2013 20:35:13 +0000
"History in the Making: Pivotal Moments in Public Understanding."
Tenth Annual Conference, Graduate Student Association, Department of History, University of Massachusetts Amherst March 29, 2014

The Graduate History Association of the University of Massachusetts
Amherst invites graduate students to submit proposals for its annual
interdisciplinary conference. This year?s conference, entitled
"History in the Making: Pivotal Moments in Public Understanding,? will
  be held on March 29, 2014.

Writing history for a broad audience has many challenges. How do we
approach pivotal historic events that continue to affect our
understanding of the past? How do current events influence our
interpretation of past events? What are some approaches scholars can
take to make their work accessible to the general public?

Please see the full Call for Proposals attached or the following link
for more details and submission instructions.
http://umassgha.wordpress.com/cfp-conference/

Erica Fagen, Jacob Orcutt, Karen Sause, and Katie Garland

http://www.facebook.com/UMassGHA