HISTPHD-L Archives

January 2013

HISTPHD-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Nicole Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2013 14:49:56 -0500
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: amst amst <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Subject: Mellon Foundation Grants for Colonial Williamsburg Curatorial Internships
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear Colleague/Professor, Program Director, or Administrator,

We are pleased to announce that once again the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation is offering several curatorial internships in 2013. Thanks to a generous grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, three 3-month and one  12-month internship will be available.

Please forward this posting to students interested in the field of material culture. Selected interns will work directly with a Colonial Williamsburg curator and focus on a specific aspect of study in the fields of fine art, decorative art, folk art, architectural collections or archaeological collections. This year, we are accepting applications for 3-month positions in ceramics and glass, furniture, and 19th century toys; and a joint 12-month position in prints and maps/paintings and drawings.

Applicants should be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in a related field and have completed at least two years of academic credit. For more information on how to apply for a Mellon internship and for details surrounding the internship program, please visit Colonial Williamsburg’s website, www.history.org/foundation/careers or http://www.history.org/history/museums/museum_internships.cfm. Job postings will be listed under “current opportunities” as Intern A-Curatorial and/or Intern A-Curatorial (3 month position). Applications will be accepted until 5pm, Friday, February 8, 2013. Candidates will be notified in early April.

As always, please contact me with any questions.

Laura Pass Barry

Laura Pass Barry

Curator of Paintings, Drawings, and Sculpture

and Manager for Curatorial Outreach

Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

P. O. Box 1776

Williamsburg, VA  23187