HISTPHD-L Archives

January 2010

HISTPHD-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Steven Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 2010 08:36:16 -0500
Greetings, all,

Please save the following dates and times for candidates for the new 20th century U.S. history position.  PhD students are welcome at research presentations and at the special meetings between the candidate and doctoral students.  PhD student feedback will be sought by the search committee.

Please try to come, as your presence will help convince the candidate of what a great place this would be for them and to encourage them to become active in our PhD program.

I do ask for consummate professional behavior during the presentations.  In particular, I strongly request that you do not use laptops, PDAs or other electronic devices during the talks.

Specific room locations will be announced.

David Engerman, Brandeis University, Feb. 4--research presentation, Thursday, Feb. 4, 11:00-12:30; meeting with doctoral students, 12:30-1:00

Jennifer Ritterhouse Utah State University, Monday, Feb. 8, 5:00 pm--meeting with doctoral students (right before colloquium); Tuesday, Feb. 9, 10:00-11:30, research presentation

Charles McGovern, College of William and Mary, Thursday, Feb. 11--research presentation 2:30-4:00, research presentation; 4:00-4:30--meeting with doctoral students

Steve

Steven A. Barnes
Assistant Professor
Ph.D. Director in History