HISTPHD-L Archives

May 2017

HISTPHD-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Cynthia A Kierner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cynthia A Kierner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2017 20:53:29 +0000
Hello, everyone.

I am writing to let you know that Prof. Sam Lebovic will succeed me as director of the Ph.D. program, effective 1 July.

As many of you already know, I will be on leave in fall 2017, so it seemed obvious that someone would need to run the program in my absence. But turning it over to another faculty member in the longer term seemed like a better option, especially once I knew that someone terrific would take the job.

If you don’t already know Sam, some of you will have an opportunity to meet him on Monday 28 August, when colloquium has its first meeting of the semester (which also serves as our orientation for students who are new to the program). It will seem weird for me not to be at colloquium, but I think I’ll get over it. And, of course, my door office door is always open to you.

It has been a real pleasure doing this job for the past seven (!) years.

Best wishes for a productive end of the semester and an excellent summer.

Cindy Kierner