FTESOL-L Archives

August 2010

FTESOL-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Jennifer Coarts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2010 16:18:58 -0400
Dear FAST TRAINers,

This is a reminder that fieldwork placement request forms are due by
Wednesday, Sept 1 if you are living in the local DC area.  Placement
forms are available via the attached document OR on our website here:
http://fasttrain.gmu.edu/current-students/field-req/

Fieldwork Policy Reminder:
All students in the Elementary, ESL, and IB programs are required to
complete and document 20 hours of fieldwork for each
licensure/certificate course.  You must document 20 hours of field
experience and send the observation log AND evaluation to your
instructor in order to be recommended for licensure by FAST TRAIN
Programs.  Your fieldwork may also be used to inform a final paper or
project in your course.  Ask you instructor for more details about how
fieldwork is used to complete course assignments in your specific class.

The FAST TRAIN Programs office will help local students (in the
Washington DC area) with fieldwork placements.  International students
must follow the site selection guidelines as listed in the fieldwork
guidelines on our website.

As temporary fieldwork coordinator, I am happy to answer any questions
you may have about obtaining a fieldwork site.  Best of luck with the
beginning of the semester!

Thanks,
Jennifer

--
Jennifer Coarts
Coordinator, FAST TRAIN Programs

Ph: 1-703-993-3602    Fax: 1-703-246-8996

http://fasttrain.gmu.edu