ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

May 2016

ECJ-INTEREST-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Atm Golam Bari <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 30 May 2016 19:22:36 -0400
I am facing difficulty  implementing  two population based coevolutionary steady state algorithm.  This is what I did

>>MultiPopCoevolutionaryEvaluator (under ec/coevolve/) extends SteadyStateEvaluator and overrides evaluatePopulation(, , )
>>GroupedProblem inside MultiPopCoevolutionaryEvlauator is changed into SimpleProblem
>> Inside performCoevolutionaryEvaluation (, , ), writing prob.evluate(....) is called two times each for one population to be workable with SimpleProblem.

But when I want to catch (say, print out the genotype of incoming individual or playing with other individuals in different population) the individuals in evaluate (inside problem class), it shows me NullPointerException. But same individual can be printed ,just before sending to the problem class, inside evaluator.

What am I missing? Is it a right way to handle SSEA in a two pop coevoluton? Any suggestion or new approach is highly appreciated.