ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

October 2011

From:
Date:
Sun, 30 Oct 2011 20:04:25 -0400
It sounds like what you're looking for is a polymorphic typing facility.  These things are nontrivial to implement and still maintain closure under tree crossover and mutation operators.  ECJ doesn't support it out of the box: you'll have to build it yourself.

Two other options:

1. You MIGHT be able to do this with a grammar, a-la Grammatical Evolution.  ECJ has a GE package you can try.  But I don't know if a grammar is sufficiently descriptive to provide the kinds of constraints you're after.

2. You might talk to people in the GP community who do polymorphic typing.  Tina Yu and Marten Keijzer come to mind.  I believe Marten may have implemented a facility in EO.

Sean