ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

November 2005

ECJ-INTEREST-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Hauptman Ami <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 21:33:31 +0200
Hi All,

I am currently conducting an experiment, in which I evolve game strategies with GP.

I wanted to know if it is possible to alter the game board from within a function in the tree.

My architecture is as follows (I don't know if it's the standrard in such cases or not...):
1) Class GPStrategy (extending GPIndividual) gets a copy of the game board (copied into ((Game)problem).input.board.
2) This class calls child.eval with the required params and returns the value (the boards' evalutaion)

What I wanted to do is to have one of the tree functions move a piece on the board, perform some analysis, and then move the piece back. What is the best way to do so?

Thanx in advance.
Sincerely,
Ami H.