ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

April 2006

From:
Debabrata Midya <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 15:19:55 +1000

Thank you very much for your quick response.

Is it possible to help me on the followings?

1. I like to use ECJ on Windows Operating System (XP).

2. As a new starter, Should I download ECJ 14 and 15 both.

3. I have downloaded ECJ 14 before joining this list. I have unzipped
the file, but I could not proceed from there. I want some tips here.

I am looking forward for your reply.

Regards

Deb

>>> [log in to unmask] 4/04/2006 3:10 pm >>>
The George Mason University Evolutionary Computation Laboratory and
Center for Social Complexity announce a new release of the ECJ
evolutionary computation library and MASON multiagent simulation
toolkit.  Both systems have seen major improvements and revisions
since the last release approximately eight months ago.  The two
systems are also being re-licensed under the Academic Free License
version 3.0.

ECJ is being released in two versions: a backward-compatable version
(14) and a non-backward-compatible version (15) with significant
framework revisions.  The dual release will (hopefully) give people
some extra time to convert to the new version.  ECJ 14/15 also has
numerous bug-fixes, speed improvements, and a new package (spatial
embedding).

ECJ can be found here:
	http://cs.gmu.edu/~eclab/projects/ecj/

ECJ CVS access is also available at SourceForge, but sourceforge.net
has experienced a major hardware failure this past week and CVS
access is not expected for several days at the earliest.

MASON 11 is a major revision of our multiagent simulator.  It sports
a new charting and tracking facility, several new problem domains,
and a very large number of bug fixes and improvements.

MASON can be found here:
	http://cs.gmu.edu/~eclab/projects/mason/

Sean Luke

This email message, including any attached files, is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.

The NSW Department of Commerce prohibits the right to publish,
copy, distribute or disclose any information contained in this email,
or its attachments, by any party other than the intended recipient.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and delete it from your system.

No employee or agent is authorised to conclude any binding
agreement on behalf of the NSW Department of Commerce by email. The views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Department,
except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of NSW Department of Commerce.

The NSW Department of Commerce accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email and recommends that the recipient check this email and any attached files for the presence of viruses.