ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

November 2005

ECJ-INTEREST-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
I Jonyer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:31:06 -0600
All,

I am using the distributed evaluation feature of ECJ. It appears that
individuals are not distributed most optimally among the evaluation slave
nodes. If, for instance, I specify (for the sake of argument) 109 as the
population size and I use 10 eval nodes, 9 will have 10 individuals to
evaluate, and one will get 19 nodes. Is this true?

Also, I may have individuals that finish quickly with their assigned
individuals (due to the characteristics of specific individuals), while
others will take much longer. In this case, it would be beneficial to assign
individuals for evaluation to available nodes (perhaps to a node that just
returned a result) to make maximal use of the computational resources. I
have not been able to find switches to ECJ to effect this (and the previous)
behaviour. Do they exist?

Thanks,
Istvan